Ugh. I didn't know I would get so torn up over this show. I think it's no secret I didn't care for Lori and her
There is talk on the web today of why they didn't show Carl shooting his mother. One theory is that it was too brutal to see a son shooting his mother - just like they did in the first season with Rick shooting that little girl. The conspiracy theory is that maybe Carl didn't really kill her. Would they really keep Lori as a pet like Hershel did with all those people in his creepy barn? I doubt that's where they're going with this story. My theory is that Rick will completely lose it, and Carl will become an emotionless ball of fun. Hilarity ensues.
Let's take a moment to talk about Lori's
1) We didn't know if it would come out, well, normal. We know they're all infected. What if the baby had already died and was trying to eat its way out of her?
2) They're in a post-apocolypic world. Where in the hell are they going to find formula and diapers? I mean I've heard you can make diapers out of cloth, but who is going to take the time to change and clean them all the time? Rick?
3) Carl obviously is messed up. Rick is losing his mind. Was taking herself out of the picture going to do her son any good?
4) The baby is going to cry. Loudly. How well will that go when they're trying to hide from zombies?
5) Running around with a newborn in drastic times is just wrong. And a pain in the butt.
6) Speaking of Rick losing his mind, what if the baby totally grows up to look like an exact replica of Shane?
I think all these reasons point to Lori making one last, really terrible decision. We shouldn't have expected any different.
|RIP Lori (via AMC)|
I want to add that I'm glad I stopped reading the comics when I got to the prison scene. Everyone who has read them told me they knew this was coming, and this season is just going to get even crazier. Although I am broken up over last night episode, I'm also glad I was blindsided and didn't see it coming.
I guess we're all going to have to suck it up, and realize that it's now a fact on this amazing show - no one is safe.